Saturday, June 6, 2009

worried for my beloved Red Wings

The schedule and injuries are killing my team. Not to take anything away from the Penguins, who are a damned good team - but the injuries and schedule are killing the Red Wings. I could not watch game four because I was at work, but from what I understand they were reeling from exhaustion and making all sorts of dumb mistakes as a result.

The decisions on the part of the NHL to move the finals up by a week and have back to back starts for game one and two has probably destroyed most chances for the Wings to win the Cup this year.

I think if the Penguins win game five tonight, they will win the Cup in game six. If the Wings somehow manage to win game five, I think it will go seven games - and anything can happen in a seven game series.

No comments: