Friday, June 12, 2009

what a depressing day

The kids and I started out the day by going to the dentist, not on any of our lists of favorite activities.

This afternoon I fell into an exhausted sleep for a few hours - I literally could get nothing done around the house beyond a single load of laundry. I couldn't even read a book or watch television.

Tonight my Wings lost game seven - and the Stanley Cup - on home ice. At least the Penguins legitimately won the game - it was not decided by poor officiating, as I had been dreading might happen. The Wings looked disorganized, old, and tired. The numerous injuries caught up with them, I think. Perhaps if they had been healthier, they might have had a chance, but such was not to be.

I did have to turn off the television before seeing Crosby being handed the Cup at the Joe. Nothing against him as a player or a human being, but I despise the constant hype over him. If it had been any other captain I would have watched the Cup ceremony.

No comments: