Tuesday, April 7, 2009

snow; spring; MLB is underway!

After a snow free march, we are certainly getting snow in April. Just a handful of days after my early bulbs starting blooming, we got about half a foot of really wet slushy snow. We are getting flurries today - I have been watching the flakes coming down all morning, and dreaming of sunshine and baseball and tulips, even as the ground is covered with snow.

The Tigers had their season opener last night up in a domed stadium in Toronto. It is good it was not the home opener, as that would have probably been snowed out. I could not watch the game due to being at work, but from what I have heard, it was a very ugly loss. Justin Verlander apparently pitched a very bad game, which does not bode well for the 2009 season. Well, hopefully he can pull it together as the season goes on. From what I hear, Curtis Granderson had a great game, and deserved his nickname Grandy. What a great young player he is, and a wonderful and well grounded young man on top of it. The home opener is this Friday, and rain is in the forecast.

Today I am on the second to last step of being weaned from the beta blockers I have been taking to protect my heart through all of the thyroid issues. I am now down to taking one pill every other day for a week, to be followed by stopping taking them all together. So I am slowly (much more slowly than I would like) on the mend.

No comments: