Friday, October 17, 2008

soccer scrimmage

We had thought that the soccer season was over with the loss at districts earlier this week, but today they had a scrimmage between our junior varsity team and the team from Willow Run. This is the first year that Willow Run has had a team, and it is a co-ed team. I think that they must not have enough girls to have a girls' team during the high school girls' soccer season in the spring, so they let the girls play on the boys' team in boys' season. Which is fine, as long as they can play! (Until my sons got into high school they always played on co-ed teams anyway, and still do on club teams, so they are used to playing against girls and women).

It was a chilly but beautiful afternoon, and it was fun to go see the game. the game was a lot more relaxed than a regular season game, and was mainly a chance for the kids to go out and have fun.

A creepy dad did sit next to me on the bleachers, and that kind of made my skin crawl, but I have never seen him before, and hopefully never will again, so hopefully it will be OK. He was just one of those guys that keep edging their thigh closer and closer to yours. Fun if it is your husband, gross from a stranger!

I have been loving my week off from work. I am very relaxed, and have been loving having so much extra time with my children. They are the most precious part of my life.

For the most part the weather has been gorgeous, but we have had a couple of rainy days. And it is cold enough tonight that we had to turn on the house furnace.

Tomorrow is my birthday. Another year gone by. I am glad that I can still find love and beauty in the world. It is worth living as long as I can still find those.

No comments: