Thursday, December 27, 2007

peaceful Christmas

Yesterday was a lovely quiet day spent at home with Dan, Bill, and Steven.

It was glorious!

For dinner we had four cheese mashed potatoes, French cut green beans, cornbread, crescent rolls, macaroni & cheese (which I made with a full three pounds of Pinconning), and the pork. Dan sauteed some fresh garlic in olive oil and then added rosemary, thyme, oregano, and sage. he used that as marinade for the pork steaks (a full three inches thick and relatively unfatty).  I do not eat pork, but it even smelled good to me. The others ate it right up. We had very few leftovers, in fact.

We did watch Harry Potter V.

Dan got me this wonderful warm homemade suede and lambs wool hat.  I had wondered why he had asked a couple of weeks ago to borrow my Tigers ball cap. It was so he could give my head measurement to the seamstress!

 


Tags:

No comments: