Tuesday, December 11, 2007

getting over a sinus thing

Well, today was the first time I have left the house (other than to let the dog out) since I got home from work on Thursday. I had (and still have) a nasty sinus thing going. I pretty much dozed in the big overstuffed chair in the living room over most of the weekend and watched old movies. What is it with the classic movie channels and Doris Day? I can see some of her films being considered classic - Pillow Talk coming to mind immediately - but these were things like Move Over, Darling and The Ballad of Josie. I also got see a pretty good Elizabeth Taylor movie I had not seen before called Butterfield 8 and a really cheesy Esther Williams movie called On an Island With You. Is there anything in the world more cheesy than an Esther Williams movie? And when I was not watching old movies I slept in bed a lot.

Sunday Steven and Dan got the Christmas tree up, and I helped put on some decorations in between naps. That was very nice - I love the holidays. It helped my spirits quite a bit to see the tree going up!

On Saturday Steven wrestled at Linden, and I was not able to go. Dan told me he wrestled up a weight class all day and finished 2-3.  He worked hard, but just ran into larger better kids.

On Sunday we had a light ice storm. Nothing like what they have been having in Oklahoma. My heart really goes out to the ice storm victims out on the plains. It is horrible to lose power and heat in the winter. Miraculously, we did not lose our power this time. Another ice storm is supposed to be coming through tomorrow, a heavier one. I hope to make it to and from work safely.

Bill will be coming home later this week. I hope this nasty weather clears out before he is on the freeway!

No wrestling tournaments the next two weekends, though there will be practices. It will be grand to have the whole family home for the next two weekends!

Here's hoping we will have power tomorrow!

No comments: