Sunday, July 29, 2007

huge storms

We had a heckuva storm Thursday night while I was at work. In Ann Arbor it only rained heavily, but down here at the house, all hell apparently broke out when a supercell that had spawned tornados in an adjoining county passed right overhead.

When I drove home last night, I knew something weird must have happened, because the road was coated with green leaves. 

Yesterday my kids filled me in on the torrential rains and hails (one inch hail stones), sustained 60 MPH winds, and all the rest.

My husband was out driving with my younger son when this all broke out. He (and everyone else) had to pull off the road because the rain and hail was so heavy, it was blinding. Then no one could start driving for awhile, as the road was covered with ice (until more heavy rain melted the hail).

I'm glad I missed all of that. Cool I only got heavy rain as I was driving home. Smile

But yesterday, going outside - the outside of my house is coated with leaves. The ground is coated with leaves. The leaves still on the trees have holes in them (probably from the hail ripping through them). The few plants in my flower beds and garden which are still standing have leaves that are shredded into lacy ribbons. Shocked


I feel so bad for my poor flowers.
Crying or Very sad

I am so glad our electricity did not fail. When Steven and I went to Saline to get our therapeutic massages on Friday afternoon, there were parts of the downtown that did not have power. including a key intersection on Michigan Avenue (US12).

A tree not very far away got blasted by lightning. It is so weird to see a tree that big all collapsed in on itself. It was broken into several pieces and all fell down in a pile...when I mentioned seeing the tree, Bill said there was a  blast was so close, it was frightening. And that blast must have been the one that exploded that big tree.

No comments: