Monday, July 9, 2007

back to work tomorrow

Well, the vacation will be over tomorrow afternoon...

The highlights:

* the upstairs bathroom is CLEAN

* the laundry is caught up

* the deck has been power washed and sealed, the deck furniture cleaned

* I got to go to a Tigers game with my family

* I got to watch every Tigers game they played while I was off from work on TV (including the game I went to in person - it was a day game, and they replayed it that night)

* I got to do a lot of reading

* got to take Bill out to lunch one day, had a nice time

low lights:

* I HATE doing housework and laundry, though I do enjoy a clean house and clean clothing

* Dan hardly took any time off, breaking a promise to me, and ensuring that most of the heavier work I wanted to get done (like cutting up the huge downed tree) did NOT get done

* other than the Tigers game, we did not take the time to do anything fun - even go out to dinner or go to a movie

* starting out the week by being all upset and sick

* Bill getting so sick a couple of days after me

* Steven developing a skin infection after returning from wrestling camp

All in all, it was a complete waste of a week off, and I feel rather embittered about that. I am very tired and worn out and feel angry at the world right now. Therefore I had better shut up before I say something nasty and start offending people.

No comments: