Thursday, October 21, 2004

Well, Stevie is a very sick little boy.  I was much more worried about his fever, and ignored the limp. This morning he couldn't walk. Took him to the doctor, and he has a very bad infection in his left ankle. He is on antibiotics, is supposed to stay completely off of his feet (Dan and Bill have been putting him in fireman's carries so he can use the bathroom), keep his foor elevated, and I have been keeping his ankle wrapped up continuously in wet, hot towels. If he is not better in the morning they are talking about opening up his ankle to drain out infected material. That scares both him and me greatly.

He is sleeping now, my little sweetie, my Mr. Sunshine, my heart.  I hope they don't have to do anything awful to him tomorrow...

And I am so glad we had that wonderful weekend. The knowledge of joy helps beat back pain and fear and despair.

No comments: