Thursday, October 14, 2004

We are all packed up and ready to go, with the exception of the cell phone chargers, which we can throw into a bag in the morning. We even have a box of baked goods from Pannera Bread in the Jeep, for eating on the train. I can't wait, we need some fun family time. The weather is supposed to be cold and windy, so we packed a lot of warm clothes. The suitcase weighs a ton with all of those sweaters and hoodies! I think this will be an absolutely wonderful time for us.

The last couple of days I have been busy copying CDs and songs from CDs onto to my computer using itunes, which I finally downloaded the other night. I have copied enough songs now that I have a party mix constantly playing on the computer to listen to as I work. So far I have mainly copied a lot of jazz, but also some rock and a bit of country. I haven't worked my way to my classical collection yet. I hate buying a CD because you hear some great songs on the radio, then finding out that the rest of the CD isn't so good. This way I can just keep the songs that I like. Louis Armstrong is playing right now.  I notice I have been copying jazz albums in their entirety (as will also happen with the classical when I work my way to them), but only a few songs from CD's from other genres, with the exception of U2's Greatest Hits.

No comments: