Friday, October 8, 2004

Poor Bill was home sick again, still running a fever.  I hate it when my children get sick, and always wish I could take their place.

Stopped off quickly at the bookstore on my way to work to see if I could find any giucebooks to New York City. I think I will be meeting up with a couple of friends there for a weekend this winter, maybe see a couple of shows...saw one called The Cheap Bastard's Guide to New York City  and I took it from the shelf to look at it. I saw that it had a chapter dedicated to dumpster diving and which parts of the city were good for looking for certain things in the garbage. I laughed so hard when I saw that, even though I think the author was serious. Man, there is cheap and then there is just plain weird!  Needless to say, I picked out a couple of normal looking guides. I haven't been to New York in more than twenty years. It will be nice to go back there for a weekend.

Start spreading the news, I’m leaving today
I want to be a part of it - new york, new york
These vagabond shoes, are longing to stray
Right through the very heart of it - new york, new york

I wanna wake up in a city, that doesn’t sleep
And find I’m king of the hill - top of the heap

These little town blues, are melting away
I’ll make a brand new start of it - in old new york
If I can make it there, I’ll make it anywhere
It’s up to you - new york, new york

New york, new york
I want to wake up in a city, that never sleeps
And find I’m a number one ,top of the list, king of the hill
A number one

These little town blues, are melting away
I’m gonna make a brand new start of it - in old new york
And if I can make it there, I’m gonna make it anywhere

It up to you - new york new york

New york

Tomorrow I will take in the Jeep, eat lunch at my favorite Chinese restaurant, and getas much laundry done as I can so I can begin packing our bag for Chicago. A little more than a week! I can't wait! I love that city!

And Saturday I will plant daffodills all over our yard if the weather holds.

Chicago, Chicago, that toddlin' town

Chicago, Chicago, I will show you around - I love it.

Bet your bottom dollar you'll lose the blues in Chicago,

Chicago, the town that Billy Sunday couldn't shut down.

On State Street, that great street, I just want to say,

They do things they don't do on Broadway,

They have the time, the time of their life.

I saw a man, he danced with his wife In Chicago,

Chicago, my home town.

 

No comments: