Saturday, October 9, 2004

Was a perfect fall day. Clear as a bell, with lovely blue skies and just a hint of nippiness. Dan and I went to one of Steven's soccer games together for what might have been the first time this year. (Possibly the second?) We ended up helping in the concessions booth. A farmer even brought in a tractor load of pumpkins to sell at the soccer park, and it was charming. People were buying the big ones and using them as seats, and little ones were getting the little ones to take home.

My back was bothering me, and am still running a slight fever, so I didn't get to plant my flower bulbs today. But I still have some time before it gets too cold...

Stayed home and did tons of laundry. The kids were sweet and carried the heavy bags up and down the stairs for me. I am all packed for Chicago, other than toiletries, but no one else even started (probably because their clothes are in laundry bags waiting to be sorted out).

Did watch a movie while waiting for the laundry to get done...Sleepy Hollow, based somewhat on the famous Washington Irving story. It was a bit on the gruesome side for me (I don't watch many R rated movies, and when I do they are usually ones with important messages like Schindler's List) but it wasn't the bloodbath I was afraid it might be, either. And the evil was equally human greed, along with the supernatural...

No comments: