Saturday, September 25, 2004

Managed to make it through a pretty rough week. In the family, we all took turns being sick, among other things, and one night a friend got sick at work, and I took her to the ER of another hospital. She was pretty sick, and it was sort of frightening seeing someone you care about hooked up to a bunch of monitors.

Dan is off in my Jeep. He took Bill to a high school soccer game in Dexter. To save money, they are not providing busses for the Saturday games this year. In a little while, I will head down to town with Steven for his soccer game.

Tonight Dan is going to some weird fundraiser thing for the athletic programs for our school district. People paid $100 each for this...its at a hotel down in Ohio. They serve dinner and drinks, and every hour they pull someone's number out of a bowl, and that person wins money. The school district gets to keep all of the admission money, and the hotel usually fills up, so they make their money that way, and from selling dinners to the dates of people who bought the tickets. I have the feeling I'll be dragged along, and I don't particularly want to go. I don't usually feel comfortable hanging out with heavily drinking strangers, and knowing about the free open bar makes me a bit nervous.

No comments: