Wednesday, May 6, 2009

trilliums

The trilliums are blooming in the patch of woods behind the house. Lots of May apples as well. The daffodils and tulips and spring flowering trees and bushes are all blooming like mad. Beauty lives in my yard!

I went to the library this morning and met Dan for lunch. Always good to see him during the week, when we work opposite shifts.

All of these things make me happy, and keep my mind off of Dan's impending biopsy on Friday morning.

Also keeping my mind off of the hockey game last night, and the terrible call which disallowed the game tieing goal for the red Wings with only a couple of minutes left in the game. I usually do not complain about officiating - as I tell my kids, in the long run you will get as many bad calls in your favor as against you, and things even out. But man, that was a horrible call. Wings are now down 2-1 in their series.

Must go to work soon. Only two nights left this week...then comes the biopsy, which I am dreading.

No comments: