Sunday, May 3, 2009

the days since we got home

Dan and I both picked up a bit of a bug sometime somewhere on our trip. We have both been coughing and sneezing and having muscle aches, and I have been running a low grade fever off and on and have had some light diarrhea almost every day. Nothing serious, and no one has had to go to the doctor, and the kids have not caught it from us - but it has been enough to slow us down somewhat. Neither of us is a spring chicken anymore, and we have both been having health issues over the last few months (well, in my case more like the last few years).

I do not think that it helped that New York was in the high eighties and sunny all weekend, and back home in Michigan it has been mostly rainy and in the forties/fifties since we got back. Quite a change and shock to our systems, LOL.

Nonetheless, I am very happy that we went, and am glad my health was good enough to allow me to go. Yes, I had to take a lot of naps over the course of the weekend - but at least I could go. And being able to be at the wedding was a cause for joy.

On Friday I had to run a bunch of errands. On Saturday Bill and I planted some cold crop vegetables (onions, shallots, garlic, etc). and some flowers like pansies who like cold weather. We did a bunch of yard work as well.

Then we relaxed and watched the Tigers and the Kentucky Derby on TV.

Dan made burritos for dinner. I had requested Mexican food, since that would be our last dinner together before Cinco de Mayo (given that he works days and I work afternoons).

I really did not want to go to work today, as I do not feel 100%, but forced myself to go in. Luckily, it has been quiet. While I was at work the Red Wings lost their round two game two in triple overtime at Joe Louis. I am really afraid that they lost the Stanley Cup with that game.

At least Verlander seems to be pulling out of his season plus funk - with two great starts in a row. It would have been three great starts, but three games ago he had a really bad one inning meltdown. It is great to see him going - the Tigers will not do much unless both he and Galarraga have solid seasons.

No comments: