Wednesday, June 2, 2004

Made it to the bank today. Dan let me have our tax refunds from last year to start a vacation fund, which I threw in a savings account. Today I transferred $5000 of that to a checking account, so I can draw from it with an ATM card to pay for our trip later this month. Hopefully we will spend no where near that amount, though with the gas prices I am sure I will be upset over the trip will cost -- in fact, I am expecting the gas to cost more than any other expense, including hotel rooms and food!.

Watched a wonderful movie this morning called Whale Rider. It was a great movie from New Zealand about family, tradition, community, and spiritual growth.

Today was the funeral for my friend's baby. I was at work, but don't know if I could have bourne it if I had been able to go. He and his wife had gone through years of infertility treatments and miscarriages before this baby, and to lose him when he was nearly full term is a true tragedy. I do not know how they can bear the pain.

No comments: