Friday, February 27, 2004

Beautiful day outside. It's sunny and up in the forties. The snow is melting rapidly. I am wearing a t-shirt and shorts today.
Poor Bill missed his third day of school today with the bad cold I shared with everyone. I spent most of the day running errands.
One good errand I ran was buying a huge amount of perrenial roots and bulbs to plant as soon as the ground thaws out enough. My friends sent a huge basket of plants to my father's funeral, and also gave me some money to plant some flowers at my home. :)

So I bought a huge number of lilly of the valley, which my father had loved, to plant in the shade. Also a rainbow of day lillies, and some flowering vines that look pretty in the pictures. :)
I think I would like to buy two cherry trees as well. Dad loved his cherry trees in when he lived in Michigan, and they are also the favorite fruit of both of my sons...

No comments: