Tuesday, February 3, 2004

Another bad drive home from work in the middle of the night. The start of the drive was in freezing rain and hail, changed over to great big snowflakes by the time I got home. Well, at least we got two days of sun, for which I am profoundly grateful.


The dates for cleaning out Dad's house have been set for late April. Dan has surprised me by going through the AAA book and looking for a nice place for me to stay down there. He found a resort of nice cabins with fireplaces and hot tubs on

one of the big dammed up lakes about an hour from the house, on the other side of Hardy, where we usually stay. The place even takes dogs, in case I want to take Max with me. Dan is insisting he will be coming with me, but having experienced his devotion to his business all of these years,(not to mention his decided LACK of devotion to me) I will not be surprised a bit if something comes up and he changes his mind at the last minute.


In the meantime, I have a purring cat in my arms, and a CD of Schubert string quartets playing. Life could definately be

be a lot worse...


I left the house for the first time today for something other than work for the first time since we got back from Dad's funeral, other than when literally dragged forth. I hope it means my grief, which has allowed me to do little more than lie in a ball in bed, is receding a bit. Had a long talk with my friend John the other day, which helped a lot (though it probably depressed that kind man as much as it helped me).

No comments: