Saturday, May 17, 2008

Lament of a Life Long Tigers fan

The Tigers are so bad this year they make me want to puke. :gag:

If the starting pitching is good (a rare event!) the hitters cannot hit their way out of a wet paper bag. If the hitters are pounding the ball, the starting pitching sucks. On the extremely rare occasions when they can get hits and the starting pitching is good, the bull pen sucks. And very few of them can field worth a cup full of poop. We have lost games (such as last night's opener in Arizona) due to truly awful fielding and errors. And none of them seem to be either willing or able to play small ball - make sacrifices, try to beat out a grounder to first, steal bases, bunt, etc. Cap it off by a lot of questionable decisions by Leyland and this team just plain sucks.

A lot of Tigers teams have sucked over the years. Take the 2003 team - please! But I do not know when any Tigers team has infuriated me as much as this one. Now I wish I had not bought tickets and I have seen the Tigers most years going back to Tiger Stadium (I skipped some years around 2003, and who could blame me?). So not wanting to see them is a really big statement coming from me.

Holy crap they stink.

Thank God for the Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Though they have lost their last two games...

No comments: