Sunday, August 12, 2007

yet another power outage

OK, I am on a computer at work (and its busy so I am snatching a few seconds) to tell everyone that we are having issues at home with the electrical power, and I do not know how much I will be able to be around until the power is back on. Razz

The kids and I heard an explosion off in the distance yesterday morning, and the power died a second or so later. Evil or Very Mad We think a transformer blew up. Confused

The whole neighborhood is out again. Razz

We have called Detroit Edison a bunch of times, and they are not even giving estimates on how long the repair will take. Evil or Very Mad

Since we have a well, that means we have no running water. Crying or Very sad No showers or baths. Crying or Very sad No washing anything - people, pets, or things. Crying or Very sad No flushing the toilets. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Since our little portable generator died in the middle of the night last night, we cannot even run a lamp and the fridge. Sad

So, obviously, no computer at home until we get power back... Razz

The record for an outage at our house is 4+ days... Surprised

If it is out that long, you might not hear much from me until next weekend, when I will be in Indiana with my son and his laptop...
Razz

No comments: