Monday, August 20, 2007

Bill back at school

Man, was that a long weekend.

No one took any time off to get Bill packed up, so things were rough.

I worked until midnight, and had to get up until dawn so we could get down to Indiana.

This year Bill took about half as much stuff with him to the dorm, and it all fit into the back to my Jeep.

So on Friday, Bill and I drove down to Muncie in his little truck to stand in the lines. Because I was so tired, Bill did the driving.

We got down to Muncie, and ate lunch at the Applebees. Then we drove to the university and took care of the lines. The worst line was the parking office line - that one was over 1 1/2 hours in waiting time. The bursar's office was an in and out in comparison. I got his text books, and that was nearly $500 in damage to my Visa.

We then checked into the hotel and rested for a bit, followed by a Wal-Mart run. Then dinner, and sleep.

In the morning we walked to the IHOP for breakfast. Remind me to never eat funnel cakes (even ones slathered with strawberries and whipped cream) again. While funnel cakes are wonderful at food booths at fairs, they sink to the bottom of your stomach like little grease covered lead balls for breakfast (shudder).

Then we moved what few things we had into Bill's dorm room. He has the same room with the same roommate in the same dorm this year as last year.

About noon, Dan and Steven came in the Jeep with most of Bill's stuff. We helped Bill put all of his stuff away, then went to lunch at that great Italian restaurant we all love, and did a quick Target run for a couple more things for the room.

Then we three came home.

I was (and am)exhausted. My two days off were spent being pretty busy. Dan is exhausted from eight hours of driving on Saturday. We are no spring chickens anymore.

Anyway, I think this week will be bad. I did manage to make it into work last night, but was really out of it. I felt as if it were my eighth work day in a row. I am sure at the end of the week, I will feel as if I have worked twelve days in a row. And, of course, I will miss my older son!

It is autumn weather now - cold and gloomy and steadily raining. So the weather is making me want to crawl into bed and not get out. That is not helping with the tiredness issue!

Bill's classes start today. Steven's first day of high school is coming fast - the day after Labor Day. His high school soccer season will be starting on Wednesday...

No comments: