Friday, September 5, 2008

yuck

Work was busy and awful again the last couple of days. I hope I do not have to pay the price on my days off with frequent trips to the bathroom~!

Tomorrow, weather allowing, I will get to watch Steven playing soccer. I also plan on going grocery shopping. I am a lot more excited about the former than the latter.

We've been finally getting some rain after a month of drought. Today's rain consisted of the remnants of hurricane Gustav. I am so glad it was not another Katrina when it hit New Orleans...

I try not to follow politics other than to be a somewhat informed voter. I have always been a moderate independent voter, who has never belonged to a party - and who is very much turned off by both parties. But I am appalled that one of the vice presidential candidates has ties to a secessionist party. What in the name of God??? How could either of the main parties consider something like that to be at all appropriate? I thought I was cynical about politics and politicians beyond any possible shock. I expect all politicians to be corrupt liars of the first degree and hypocrites beyond measure. But to have someone with ties to a secessionist party possibly one heartbeat away from the Presidency? I was wrong about not being able to be shocked anymore. God save us all!

 

No comments: